Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Saying I'm Sorry

It was almost a year ago.
The party that started it all.

She was upset about something.
But I didn't know what it was.

The permissions were granted.
I followed the stated.

I didn't know at that time.
It was the unstated that was overstepped.

I now understand.
And I am so sorry I was part of her pain.

I am so sorry I didn't see it.
I am so sorry I didn't understand it.

If she had tried to explain it.
Would we even have listened?

I like to think I would have.
But now I don't know.

Maybe, just maybe.
It took living through the pain for me to realize.

I will be more careful next time.
To watch and listen more closely.

Words say only what we want to hear.
Actions speak the truth, show the intent.

She deserved better.
I should have known better.

And so I want to say...
I am so sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment