Sunday, June 12, 2011

Open Arms

A few lucky people have a song.

For us, that special song, our special song is "Open Arms" by Journey.

The song we listened to as high school sweethearts.

The song we played as I walked down the aisle.

The song, the music, the lyrics that well outlines the journey we have taken to get to where we are, at any point in our lives together.

As our lives change, as our hearts break and repair, people come in and fade out, some negative, some positive, choices and assumptions... the words of the song continue to hold true to us, our love, and our eternal existence in this life, those lives that were previous, and those lives still to come.  "We sailed on together, we drifted apart, and here you are by my side"...

Lying beside you, here in the dark
Feeling your heart beat with mine.
Softly you whisper, your're so sincere
How could our love be so blind
We sailed on together
We drifted apart
And here you are by my side

So now I come to you, with open arms
Nothing to hide, believe what I say
So here I am with open arms
Hoping you'll see what your love means to me
Open arms

Living without you, living alone
This empty house seems so cold
Wanting to hold you, wanting you near
How much I wanted you home

But now that you've come back
Turned night into day
I need you to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment