Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Weekend Of Friends

There's a storm outside.  I'm sitting in Lincoln City at a rented beach house that overlooks the ocean.  I've been watching waves crash one over the other for 2 and a half days.  I am surrounded by people who I love and who love me.

We have laughed.  We have shared.  We have eaten..oh God have we eaten.  We have slept in.  We have not slept enough.  We woke up to rain and wind.  We woke up to beautiful sunrises.



They made me a cake.  My birthday is next Saturday. I'll be 46.  As a special treat, they made me a chocolate cake with white butter creme frosting.  It was beautiful to me.  Something so special.

In  a few hours, I will have to leave this place, filled with friends.  Drive back along with the other lemmings who are returning to the flooded streets of Portland.

The week will replay itself again and again and again.  Work, home, chores....

But I will not forget the last 72 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment